Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hour 3

I learned that it is a good idea to incorporate many styles into the lesson.  I also learned that students are more perceptive than I originally gave them credit for.  I became aware while watching the video and having discussion that it is usually the teachers that has no idea the best way to teach a specific topic.  The video showed me that bringing real world aspects into the class is only a good idea if the lesson is structured properly.  It is a good idea to assets the background knowledge of the students of the topic that you are going to address and for the students that lack the background knowledge it is the teachers job to give it to them.  I also learned from the video that the past can relate to whats going on in the students lives and they can apply the things that they learn it just has to be a matter of giving them the information and making it relevant.

I will not underestimate the learning ability of the students and I will try to make my lessons appropriate for all the students in my class.  I will make sure that the books that we are learning from are good sources of information and if they are not I will make sure that I incorporate good information and bring in community leaders to speak with the students when ever it is feasible.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should incooperate many styles too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete