Teacher Panel Discussion
Listening to the teachers on the panel helped me to realize that teaching is a profession you MUST have a passion for. Fortunately, I do. They were so full of advice about how things really are in the classroom form the good to the bad. I have heard a number of teacher talks about how they have the worst students ever but listening to them I’ve decided that having good students and good rapport with students is totally up to me. I have also never heard many grade school teacher talk about time or the lack there of, to do anything other than work. These past two years is defiantly prepared me for the long hours, days, weeks, and months of work and no sleep. I just want to be able to manage my class with dignity and respect for both sides and retain all control of the class. The things they said about not sending kids to the office a lot really makes sense when I think about it. One other thing that stuck with me was the talk about being the students advisory without being their friend; I think it is going to be the most difficult task in my life. How can a person possibly be around another person everyday for eight hours and not eventually have an overwhelming love for them? That is the only thing that no one can tell me how to cope with. The fact that they said it is ok to befriend the students to a certain extent gives me more hope.
I agree! You can really tell that each and every one of the the teachers in the panel had a passion for teaching. I hope that when I am doing my student teaching I can create a great rapport with my students like they do. I can not wait until i will be able to get in my own classroom and begin teaching!
ReplyDelete