Monday, June 20, 2011

Hour 9: Setting the Stagge

·         What did you learn about teaching and learning?

I learned that teaching and learning need to go hand in hand, I particularly agreed with the one teacher that said that there are 32 teachers and 32 learners.  It is easier for students to learn if they are learning from everything and everyone around them.  They can learn from their peers not just their teacher.  As well, the teacher relays that he does not know everything and that he too is learning.  Letting the students know that you the teacher do not know all the answers is a good use of teaching.  Students need to be aware that they can teach the teacher something and that people are never too old to learn.

·         How will this impact your practice as a teacher?

I like these ideas, giving the students the opportunity to teach me is defiantly something I want to incorporate into my teaching style.  I think everyone has something to teach everyone else.  I hope that this practice will invite my students to be more active learners.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that teaching and learning go hand in hand. We continually learn more and more information about what we are teaching to help the students become more efficient learners. I like how the students are able to tell the teachers some things about their topic because we in fact, do not know everything that there is to know about everything! Allowing the students to teach me something is something i am prepared to handle.

    ReplyDelete