· What did you learn about teaching and learning?
Encouraging student exploration and doing things that they want to do will help them have a better learning experience. I learned that learning is taking place when the teacher can step out of the picture and the learning is still going on. Having discussions about what the students have observed helps them to get different opinions and thoughts of what they are talking about. Giving the students different aspects to think about by providing them with different ways to connect to the real world helps them see what they learned in a bigger picture.
· How will this impact your practice as a teacher?
I will try to help students learn how to make connections so that they will understand their surroundings. Letting the students organize their data will help them also make connection to what they have learned. I will encourage the student’s explorations of trying to do things for themselves. Using graphic organizers may be very helpful for most lessons and I will try to use them on occasion.
It is good to see that encouragement is so key to helping the students learn. Creating a classroom where they are able to make connections to the world around them and what they are learning seems to be an important topic as well. I think that using the graphic organizers will help the students organize their thoughts in a beneficial way.
ReplyDeleteStudent exploration will motivate the students to learn and continue to want to learn more. With the teacher observing and allowing the students to make decisions and discover answers on their own, they will be more confident and excited, and are most likely to remember what they have learned on their own rather than the answers just given to them.
ReplyDeleteEncouragment goes a LONG way with middle school students. They want their teachers to make learning fun so that they will enjoy it. I have also learned that it is very beneficial when the teacher steps out of teacher role and actually listens to the student collaborate and voice their opinions amongst each other. I also agree that graphic organizers will help the students to write down their thoughts.
ReplyDelete